Monday, July 6, 2009

The Turtles of Argostoli – (6/29/09)

From Turtles of Argostoli


The Loggerhead turtle migrates from feeding grounds to feeding grounds and then to its mating waters. The ones that nest in Zakynthos – and thus, probably, Kefalonia – have been tracked in the Adriatic and other parts of the Mediterranean. So, the port town of Argostoli is a bit odd.

From Turtles of Argostoli


There is a permanent population of males who live in the harbor. So, when Manu and Fiona were driving into Argostoli, I jumped at the chance. First, I needed to get some things for the remainder of my trip. And, I wanted to find these turtles.

Finding the gear I needed was a bit frustrating, as I went from shop to shop that may have had the items I wanted. Finding the turtles was not. I found three different turtles without looking too hard. I got pictures and a video.

From Turtles of Argostoli

No comments:

Post a Comment