Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Downhill, Easy Day? (7/20/09)

Trip: Plitvicka Jezera National Park to Duga Resa, Croatia
Distance: 54 miles
Difficulty: Easy
Sights: not much
Miles in Croatia: 452
Total Miles for Bikespedition-2009: 1362

I had planned the thing so well. After Plitvicka Jezera, I would make my way to Karlovac and then onto Zagreb for my train to Sofia (man – I should have bought my plane ticket from Zagreb!). AND, today was today was downhill!

Well, the cycling was still easy, it was the packing up Camp Jesse while the Karlovacko beers and four shots of rakia still rung through my head, that was the real problem! My record for packing up is 45 minutes – today it took 2 hours. The Croatian army guy I met at the internet cafĂ©, wanted to talk all about the US and how Croatia is the US’s butt-kisser. It was not until there were shots of rakia coming out that I realized it was a bad idea.

From Karlovac


Well, the best cure for a hangover might be riding your bike through the heat of Croatia at mid day, because by the time I made it to Duga Resa and Kamp Slapic, I felt great. The Kamp lies on a river in some falls and rapids with a great swimming hole connected to it. The strange part was crossing the river over obviously a military pontoon bridge – Schwarzfahrer didn’t like that at all!


Tino Pai!

Jesse…

No comments:

Post a Comment