Saturday, July 18, 2009

Short Ride for Man; Another Giant Leap for Jesse Kind (7/11/09)

From One Short Ride


Trip: Krka National Park – Jezera, Murter
Distance: 26 miles
Difficulty: Easy
Sights: Sibenik, Bungee Jumping

I don’t know how many people actually do it that way, but it is the first choice on the form.

Why are you jumping at Sibenik Bridge?

A. I saw the billboard on the road and decided to stop.

Sure enough that’s what happened. It seemed like an easy 25 mile ride to the campsite Natasha, whom I met at Argostoli Beach, told me to go to.

Well, maybe it was too easy. But, as I was going over the Sibenik Bridge at the mouth of the Krka, there was this billboard: Bungee Jump the Sibenik Bridge. When I got to the other side, there were four 20-somethings at a table with an awning and jump equipment.


“Is this your first time?”

“Nope, I did two months ago at the Corinth canal”

This one was half the price: 220 kuna versus 75 euros (I think, dollar–euro–kuna–euro–dollar go ahead). But it was half the distance 40 meters versus 79 meters (while I’m not a hundred percent what that is in feet, its at least the same thing – apples to apples and all).

They hooked me up; we walked out there and off we go. I did everything right, this time. I was ready for the weight to pull on my legs, I didn’t look down. They just started counting and boom, off I went: yelling “Tino Pai!” I even remembered to yell “Jamming on the One!” while bouncing up and down. Two people in a boat below yelled their congratulations to me.

On the way back I discussed Yellowstone with one of the Jumpmasters. He had just seen a documentary on the park.

Sibenik


The rest of the trip was uneventful.

Tino Pai!

Jesse…

No comments:

Post a Comment