Monday, July 6, 2009

Leaving Katelios and Touring the Lixouri Peninsula (7/3/09)

From Mavrata - Argostoli


Trip 1: Mavrata – Argostoli Beach (18 miles)
Trip 2: The Lixouri Peninsula (17 miles)

And now its time to say goodbye to all our family. The Cottage with an Englishman, an Irishman and an American was turned over to July’s volunteers. I packed my trailer, said goodbye to Florian and Ariel (the two volunteers for June and July).

Down the Argostoli Road, which I now knew so well, there were no problems – outside of the long hill to Lidl (I needed new brakes). I found the Argostoli Beach Campsite on the other side of town and set up camp.

After a quick bite, I set out for the Lixouri Peninsula. I grabbed the Argostoli – Lixouri ferry. I toured the town and made it down to Xi Beach.

I grabbed the ferry back and made it to the bikeshop in Argostoli. Pantelis was the Greek Cycling champion in the early 90s. He took good care of me, replacing my rear wheel and giving the breaks and gears a tune-up.
From Mavrata - Argostoli


After a ride to the lighthouse at the end of the Argostoli Peninsula, I rode back to the campground, talking with a Slovenian who is into kite surfing.

From Mavrata - Argostoli

No comments:

Post a Comment