Monday, July 6, 2009

12:09! (7/2/09)

Trip: Katelios Environmental Center – Mavarata
Distance: 2 miles
Difficulty: HARD



Below you heard of “The Hill.” 12 minutes, 48 seconds was the fastest anyone had done it all month.

About a week before we left, I went after the record, only to do it in 13:07. Then, two days before we left Katelios, Damien came storming into the cottage as a sweaty ball of Irishman: “Fuck you and your 12:48.” He had put in maximum effort to put up his best time – 13:12.

Well, my last night at the Katelios Group I decided to go for it. I stripped my bike to nothing but the front light, speedometer, bell and pannier. I slowly rode up from the Music Bar to the Environmental Center. There, I stopped and reset the computer.

I had problems going into the lowest gear, but that would have just slowed me down anyway. I gunned it with all my effort and blew all my leg muscles.

I got to the top and looked at the bike computer – 12:09! The final record for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment