Saturday, July 18, 2009

Greece and Italy: The Stats

From Collages


After 76 days in Greece

Miles Biked: 892.4
Gyros pitas I ate: 60-75 (maybe more)
Saganakis (Fried Cheese with Lemon) I ate: 10
Times I ate rabbit: 2
Major Archeological Sites Visited: 6 (Athens, Corinth, Mycenae, Argos, Nemea, Olympia)
Minor Archeological Sites Visited: around 30
Ancient Tracks Sprinted: 3 (Isthmia, Olympia, Nemea)
Venetian/Ottoman Fortresses visited: 6
Bungee Jumps: 1
5000+ footers summited: 1
Earthquakes Felt: 2
Earthquakes Slept thru: 2 – maybe 3
Major Bodies of water swam in: 3 (Aegean Sea, Ionian Sea, Gulf of Corinth)
People with whom I shared major experiences of my life: 24 (At TEFL Corinth - Jim, Marilyn, Lea, Simone, British Kelly (BiK), American Kelly (AcK) and Cat; On the Road from Eghio to Rio - John; At the Katelios Group - Damien, Ian, Ellie, Cecilia, Mia, Ariel, Deb, Lily, Florian, Markus, Manu, Fiona and Fleabag; and on the long boat rides to Italy and Croatia - Santiago and Thomas – Thank you all)
Times I climbed “The Hill”: around 45
Best time on “The Hill”: 12:09
Certificates Earned: 1
Pairs of shoes destroyed: 2 (one worn out, one lost in the seaweed “I lost my shoe”)
100+ km cycling days: 3
Times I had to stop because a herd of sheep was crossing the road: 5
Times I had to help herd said herd of sheep across the road: 1
Goats who tried to bite me: 1
Dolphins seen: 4
Turtles seen: 7
Turtles tagged: 2
Turtles flipped onto their backs: 1
Times I stepped on a sea urchin: 2
Times I put my hand on a sea urchin: 1
Cars who picked me up hitchhiking: 11
Priests who picked me up hitchhiking: 1
Night patrols: 12
Accommodations: 11 [1 hostel, 1 Apartment, 1 cottage, 2 hotels, 6 campgrounds]
Ferries: 5
Times I said to myself: “There is now a ferry involved”: 5
Alarm clocks purchased: 3
Alarm clocks left behind because of absent mindedness: 1
Alarm clocks left behind because they sucked: 1
Yanni Sightings: 0

After 4 hours in Italy

Miles Biked: 7.6
Doerner Paninos Eaten: 1

Tino Pai!

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment