Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 Things To Do In Karlovac When You’re Lost (7/21/09)

From Karlovac

JESSE BEAR IN THE SQUARE

Trip: Around Karlovac City, Croatia
Distance: 31 miles
Difficulty: Easy
Sights: The Karlovacko Brewery, Old Town Karlovac
Miles in Croatia: 483
Total Miles for Bikespedition-2009: 1393


1. Follow a random bike lane – because I haven’t seen one in 3 months
2. Try to read the signs about native birds in the Arboretum – the English wasn’t much easier than the Croatian
3. Tour the projects – what did Gabe say once: “Oh, I know projects when I see them.” I left the Arboretum and there I was; had a nice tour trying to get out of them.
4. Count how many times you cross the Korana River – 8
5. Jump from the 10m high platform into said Korana River – I worked my way up from the 3 to the 5 to the 10.

From Karlovac

THE DIVING PLATFORM

6. Try to get a tour of the Karlovacko Brewery – apparently they don’t do that.
7. Have a Karlovacko outside the market across the street from the Karlovacko Brewery – selling beer at the brewery is something they don’t do either.
8. Take pictures of your stuffed bear while guys drinking Karlovacko outside the market across the street from the Karlovacko Brewery stare at you – that must have been a new one for them.
9. Try to get to the castle – I never did find it.
10. Sit on a tank.

From Karlovac

ME ON A TANK

No comments:

Post a Comment