Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vrachati - Akrata

From Vrachati - Akrata


Date: 5/24/09
Distance: 36 miles

Well, it became time to say goodbye to Vrachati. After a great dinner at my new favorite restaurant - Edem in Vrachati (great food, right on the beach). In the morning I said my farewells to the new group of TEFLees and rode off into the sunset. (It was really 11am, but I was heading west.)

I stayed on the main old National road for the most part as I had gotten a late start. I took the Xilokastro nature trail again. It offered some respite from the heavy Greek sun.

Around 1 I was leaving Xilocastro, I began to hunger and thirst. Then I saw a seaside taberna. I rode down the little road to the parking lot, locked up Schwarzfahrer and went inside.

They were not quite ready for an English speaking tourist. They did not have their english menus but offered for me to go into the kitchen and pick something. I declined and got Kalimari.

The next 20 miles were fairly uneventful. I made my way into Akrata Beach, found the campsite and set up my new tent (it was then that I realized I should have practiced this before hand).

But, I got Camp Jesse assembled. I grabbed some cheese, crackers and apricots for dinner, then spent the evening talking with these two couples from the Netherlands.

From Vrachati - Akrata


Sunset at Akrata Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment