Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Ditch , the Jump & the Swim

Date: May 10, 2009
Activity: Bungee Jumping & Swimming



Simone and Kelly had already done their jump. I was next.

I stepped out to the edge, the nice Swiss German man kept me calm for a bit. Then, I felt that giant rubber band pulling me down toward the canal. "Fuck!" I almost bailed, but I did not! whoohoo. I stepped forward again and looked to the bridge, as Kelly was exhorting. I lifted my arms and down went the count "5-4-3-2-1."

I sprung the coil of legs and off I jumped! With a yell of "Tino Pai!" for what seemed like two minutes (its really about 4 seconds) I sailed toward the Corinth Canal (aka "The ditch"). I then bounced around avoiding the errant seagull here and there. It was so peaceful and calm.

I was then carried back up to the bridge. Tino Pai!

When we got back everyone else went to sleep. I went down to the Gulf of Corinth and swam about 20 minutes through waves of cool then cold then cool blue water. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment