Friday, June 12, 2009

It’s Snorkelin’ you Doricalin’ – Katelios Reef (6/2/09)

From Snorkle Dorkle


I got to lead another volunteer to the Koroni trip today. Still no turtles!

In the afternoon Ellie and I hiked down the road into Katelios for a new activity. Years ago, I remember my uncle declaring he had done something no Morrow ever attempted – roofing. To my knowledge, I may have done the same today – not roofing. Instead, snorkeling.

I purchased a snorkel at the local mini-mart. Ellie and I climbed about on the rocky path that divided Katelios from Mounda. Down to where there are some reefs.

From Snorkle Dorkle


I pulled a Marc Ricard and immediately broke my new toy. But, jury-rigging the snorkel to the mask I was able to set out like a seal into the sea, in search of fish to see.

Snorkeling is frightening at first. Go ahead put your face into a position where you would normally drown. Now, keep it there. And then, swim. I got over the fear factor – a little.

Ellie saw an eel. (I couldn’t make it out). Yet, I saw neither seals nor turtles. I got some good pictures of the reef, tho. Snorkeling is definitely a new geeky sport for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment